Please note that for panel discussions, there must be at least 2 paper presentations in each 90-minute session to open a discussion. A chairperson must lead the discussion. Discussants must be identified to oppose the presentations and participate in a discussion of the topic/papers after papers have been presented.
A panel discussion proposal should describe the need of the scientific discussion of the topic and its significance for education.
Recommended structure of the abstracts
- Articulation of relevance to geographical education
- Significance for theory, policy and practice
- Theoretical framework, conceptual rationale
- Research method and design (research questions, context, participants, data sources, sampling, procedure, ethical issues)
- Clarity of results or preliminary results and conclusions
- Embeddedness in relevant literature
For panel discussions, we need the following:
- The theme/title and an abstract for the panel discussion session.
- At least 2 extended abstracts of papers to be discussed, including: title, author(s), keywords
- Name of the chairperson of the discussion session
- Names of the discussant(s) (other than the chairperson)
- The most relevant research area selected from the list
It is no longer possible to subscribe Panel Discussion. Deadline was March 11th. In case of any question, feel free to contact us.